During Advent we await and prepare for the coming of the Christ child - new life, new hope - and the coming of the fullness of God's kingdom of justice, peace and the reconciliation of all creation. At this time, we can also reflect on what faithful anticipation of this kingdom might mean.
Some other resources for you to consider during Advent:
- Ecofaith resources, including rewritten Christmas carols, an evolutionary Christmas story for kids, and "gift to the earth" cartoons from Andrew Harris and more.
- Christian Ecology Link's ecological notes to the Common Worship Lectionary for Advent.
- Monthly ecological prayer guide, also from Christian Ecology Link. The November diary is out, the December one will be ready shortly.
- Operation Noah's (UK Christian climate change initiative) Reclaim Christmas campaign.
- Act for Peace (National Council of Churches) Christmas Bowl Appeal: donate to provide assistance to people affected by conflict and poverty around the world.
- "How good is your gift?" article from Insights
- UnitingWorld's Everything in Common gift catalogue, supporting aid, development and peacemaking campaigns and church solidarity volunteers.
- The Ethical Consumer Group's Christmas shopping guide.
- Why not also consider donating to an environmental charity or group? For example, WWF's Adopt an Animal campaign to help animals in danger of extinction.